Cosmetics manufacturers will never tell you this: good skin without special problems doesn’t need fabulous expenses on “miraculous” creams made of rare algae growing only in the Sargasso Sea! All you need is right and regular self-care.
Many women dream about pure “marble” skin. But a few women really have truly perfect skin in spite of abundance of self-care information on TV and in glossy magazines and appearance of new and exotic cosmetics. Even well-informed women sometimes make mistakes, which bring their efforts at achieving the perfect appearance to nothing. Fortunately, these mistakes can be easily avoided.
Here are several widespread mistakes:
1. Use of too strong cleaning cosmetics. Many women think that the more foam a cleaning gel produces the better: your skin will be clean and shiny! Unfortunately, everything is quite the contrary: soft cleaning cosmetics almost don’t foam, and abundant foam is the sign of presence of too caustic detergent, for example, laurilsulfate, which deprives skin of vital lipids. Or isopril, a frequent ingredient, which causes an acne rash, different dermatitis, change of pigmentation and even premature ageing. Try to wash your face only with soft cosmetics containing fatty acids, which won’t damage the natural safety barrier of your skin, or use cosmetics intended for dry or sensitive skin. Don’t use soap, because it is too caustic for washing delicate and thin female skin. In general, the less different chemicals in the list of ingredients of your cleaning cosmetics, tonic or moisturizing cream – the better.
2. Wrong use of skin peeling products. Apart from the fact that which skin peeling products improve color and texture of face and body, they also have obvious rejuvenating effect and remove small wrinkles. But you should use skin peeling products very carefully. Different peelings and scrubs are not banal creams and face masks, so you should be careful and use them correctly, or you may harm yourself.
You should start using skin peeling products only after 30 years, because young skin handles peeling of dead cells well by itself before that age. Peeling formulas have been included to some day or night creams recently. Cream peeling is carried out by means of enzymes and peeling acids. Such cosmetics are softer than abrasive scrubs, but they are still skin peeling products. So if you use such peeling cream in the morning and use scrubs in the evening, a thin layer of new skin is being traumatized and coarsens. Therefore, you get quite the different effect other than the one you would like to achieve.
3. Irregular use of retinoid creams. Currently retinoids or vitamin A derivatives are the only ingredients, effectiveness of which in case of prevention of wrinkle formation and effacement of small wrinkles is scientifically proven. Creams with vitamin A (better night creams) should be used regularly (at least every second day) after 30 years.
4. Too often visits to beauty salons. Yes, you heard it right: high expenses at beauty salons for professional cosmetic procedures do not guarantee wonderful results. Cosmeticians often do not know all peculiarities of your skin, and cosmetic procedures may cause an acne rash, allergic reaction or skin dryness. You are the one who knows better what is good for your skin and what is not. Use of natural homemade face masks can be more effective than different “chemical” masks. Besides, too often use of different cosmetic procedures dries and tires skin.
5. Irregular use of sunblocks. You should use these cosmetics not only on the beach and not only in summer. You should use them every day (even in winter) because sun is your skin’s enemy No. 1. Try to buy moisturizing creams, tonics, powders, make-up foundations, which include sun protection index SPF not less than 15. And you need even stronger sun protection in summer, when you visit beaches.
6. Do you allow yourself sleeping all night with your make-up on? Never do it! Even if it happens very rarely, you may get skin problems, from which you will be getting rid for weeks. Wash your face before going to bed by all means, and not only with water, but also use special cleaners.
And the last but not least: when have you thrown out a half-used expired cream? Women like to buy cosmetics, but don’t like to part with them. By the way, expiration date of the majority of cosmetics is from one to two years. When using expired cosmetics, you do not take care of your appearance, but harm yourself; it often happens that damage is irreparable. So don’t be greedy and throw out expired cosmetics without compunction. At last, it is a good reason to visit cosmetic shop and buy something new!
Popular Cosmetics Post